Pages

Thank you for clicking that LIKE/Share button!

Monday, April 10, 2017

Fate of the Furious and Transformers The Last Knight decides to share....Plot points?

I want to start this by saying I could be wrong.
 Is it just 
me or does it seem as if two of the biggest current franchises 
in films may have picked a very similar plot for there next 
installments? The upcoming Fate of The Furious has a general 
theme to all their currently released trailer of the hero 
becoming the ultimate bad ass bad guy. What other huge, 
currently popular franchise is releasing there next installment 
almost at the same time? I would say that Transformers The Last 
Knight has a general theme to all trailers so far of Optimus 
turning into the ultimate bad ass bad guy.


After looking into what I could about the plot for each film. 
It seems the similarities go a bit deeper. According to the 
always helpful IMDB. One of there 3 plot summaries goes 
further in saying that Optimus finds cybertron and learns he 
was in some way responsible for it's destruction. In order to 
rectify his error he must find a artifact on earth. It goes no 
further but I'm sure in some way this mission leads to his 
turning to the dark side if you will.


Although the plot details for Fate of the Furious does not mention Dom discovering he destroyed his home planet and learns the only way to fix it is to find a artifact hidden on earth. We can clearly tell from the released trailers that for one reason or another Dom flips sides and begins creating havoc for his past team mates. I'm sure it is possible that Optimus met Charlize Theron. It was clear when searching that most of the details surrounding the Fate of the Furious are more descriptive of it's neck snapping action than any telling plot points. Still, I would expect it is safe to say that Dom will be a real pain for his friends of Furious past.

So yes, all I truly have to go on for this assumption is the bits of obviousness in the trailers. But I can be realistic enough to know that the reasons behind the Turn-Heel of each Hero will be greatly different. It just leaves me confused as to how these two Blockbusting titans could possibly pick such a similar story arch for there heroes at such a similar point in time. I guess it's better than one or the other doing it first. In fact that may be the answer. Literally guessing, But if one of the two had chosen this plot point and then the other just so happen to do the same. Then they both learn of each others highly comparable story line and neither wants to pivot or play second fiddle. I guess I can only wait and see If I am completely wrong in my assumption. But I think the points are pretty obviously shown.






No comments:

Post a Comment